We are so excited to return to the wonderful venue Rockcastle Riverside in 2021!
Here are a few details that we hope will help all of our campers plan for a great weekend:
Tent-camping inside the venue is included with all weekend passes. Due to limited real estate inside the venue for vehicles, the majority of camping at Moonshiner’s Ball is “tent only” — i.e., vehicles will be parked in the lot directly across the street.
For our TENT-ONLY CAMPERS: The main festival entrance is located directly across the street from the vehicle parking lot. The furthest campsites are approximately a few hundred yards from the main check-in gate, where you will be able to unload your camping gear and leave it with an attendee while you park your car after checking in. We typically have a couple golf carts and volunteers to help minimize your haul as much as we can!
You WILL be allowed to access your car as needed throughout the weekend with your festival wristband.
Tent-only sites are first “come – first serve“, so we can’t guarantee availability in any specific area, but after checking in at the front gate, you’re more than welcome to walk around and explore the available options before setting up your camp. Below are a few up-front details about the general tent-camping areas.
Get Tickets for 2021
2020 Tickets will be honored in 2021
Tent Only Camping Areas
FAMILY / QUIET CAMPING
- This tranquil, riverside zone is located furthest from the stages (approximately 200 yards from main stage lawn). Given the nature of festivals, we can’t make any guarantees about noise levels anywhere in the venue, but are asking folks in this zone to maintain “quiet hours,” particularly between 10 p.m.-8 a.m.
- Space is limited, so please make plans to come early if you want to ensure a spot in this zone!
“SHINE ON” CAMPING
- Perfect for folks who like to be close to the action!
- Located along the main stage lawn in the heart of the festival, campers in this zone will be in closest proximity to the music, the food & retail vendors, the community bonfire and the life of the party.
- As its name suggests, this camping zone is located in the middle of the other two options: literally halfway between the party and the chill zone. Beautiful camping options in this zone, which overlooks the river.
Vehicle Camping Areas
$60 per vehicle
- Limited in supply, $60 per car. Each site allows for one standard-size vehicle car and tent (approximately 15×30 feet).
Deluxe RV Camping (with water / electric hook-ups)
SOLD OUT FOR 2021
Primitive Trailer / RV Camping
SOLD OUT FOR 2021