We are so excited to return to the wonderful venue Rockcastle Riverside in 2021!
Here are a few details that we hope will help all of our campers plan for a great weekend:
Tent-camping inside the venue is included with all weekend passes. Due to limited real estate inside the venue for vehicles, the majority of camping at Moonshiner’s Ball is “tent only” — i.e., vehicles will be parked in the lot directly across the street.
Many of the campsites are tucked away in wooded, riverside plots that are wonderful for Autumn camping vibes…but not so great for vehicle access. In order to maximize the use of the land and the camping experience for our guests, cars will not be permitted in the general camping area, except with very limited “car camping” passes (available for $60 per car, while supplies last). Car camping passes allow room for one vehicle and one tent, and are perfect for those who prefer the convenience of camping next their cars.
For our TENT-ONLY CAMPERS: Please note that the main festival entrance is located directly across the street from the vehicle parking lot – not a far walk, but we’re asking folks to bear in mind that you might be walking a bit with your gear. (The furthest sites are approximately a few hundred yards from the main gate.) We recommend that our tent campers pack light and/or be prepared to make multiple trips from the check-in / load-in gate to your campsite. We typically have a couple golf carts on hand to help minimize your haul as much as we can!
You WILL be allowed to access your car as needed throughout the weekend with your festival wristband.
Tent-only sites are first “come – first serve“, so we can’t guarantee availability in any specific area, but after checking in at the front gate, you’re more than welcome to walk around and explore the available options before setting up your camp. Below are a few up-front details about the general tent-camping areas.
General Camping Notes
Do you still have questions about camping?
Get Tickets for 2021
2020 Tickets will be honored in 2021
As in years past, our primary camping areas are broken into distinct zones:
Tent-Only Camping Areas
- This tranquil, riverside zone is located furthest from the stages (approximately 200 yards from main stage lawn). Given the nature of festivals, we can’t make any guarantees on noise levels anywhere in the venue, but are asking folks in this zone to maintain “quiet hours,” particularly between 10 p.m.-8 a.m.
- Space is limited, so please make plans to come early if you want to ensure a spot in this zone!
Shine On Camping
- Perfect for folks who like to be close to the action!
- Located along the main stage lawn in the heart of the festival, campers in this zone will be in closest proximity to the music, the food & retail vendors, the community bonfire and the life of the party.
Middle Path Camping
- As its name suggests, this camping zone is located in the middle of the other two options: literally halfway between the party and the chill zone. Plenty of beautiful camping options in this zone, which overlooks the river.
Car Camping Pass Holders
- Limited in supply, $60 per car. Each site allows for one car and one tent (approximately 15×30 feet).
Deluxe RV Camping
- Comes with water/electric hook-ups
- Limited in supply: $180 per RV slip
Primitive Trailer / RV Camping
- Limited in supply: $100 per vehicle.
- We also offer a very limited quantity of primitive trailer / RV camping – no water or electric hook-ups, but a grassy space inside the venue near the RV area. Note that these spots are on grassy land (not paved or gravel) and are approximately 15×40 feet.